PADI Dive Master
PADI Dive master training develops your leadership abilities by training you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. You’ll expand your dive knowledge and refine your skills as you become a dive professional in the best office in the world!
- Work at local dive centers, on dive boats and at resort locations
- Assist PADI Instructors with students
- Lead PADI scuba divers on guided tours
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- Teach PADI Discover Snorkeling Program
- Conduct PADI Scuba Review programs for certified divers
- Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences
What do I need to start?
- PADI Advanced Open Water certification (or equivalent from another organization)
- PADI Rescue Diver certification (or equivalent from another organization)
- Medical clearance signed by a GP
- Be a minimum of 18 years old
What will I do?
- Learn dive leadership through classroom and independent study
- Complete water skills and stamina exercises in confined and open water
- Training exercises to develop organizational and problem solving abilities
- An internship or series of practical training exercises
How long will it take?
As with any PADI course, the Dive master course is performance based. The length of time it takes to complete depends very much upon each individual candidate. Contact us for further information.
Course fee is € 550 or can also be done as a 90 day Internship, please ask for further details.
(Padi Membership Fee on completion, text books & materials are not included in the price)
PADI Assistant Instructor
The PADI Assistant Instructor course is the first portion of the Instructor Development Course (IDC). By participating in the Assistant Instructor course, you’ll gain additional experience as a PADI professional and start learning the PADI system of diver education.
What can PADI Assistant Instructors do?
- Teach PADI academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba experiences
What will I need to start?
- PADI Dive master rating (or equivalent from another training organization)
- Be a least 18 years old
- Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep and navigation dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months
What will I do?
- Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations
How long will it take?
The course can take as few as 3 days to complete.
Course fee is € 425 (Padi Fees on completion, e-learning packages text books & materials not included in the price)
PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor
Are you looking for something extraordinary? To do something others can only dream of? To help people transform their lives? To open doors you didn’t even know existed? All of this, and more, awaits you as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor. The PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor program is your final step in the quest to become a PADI Instructor. During the Instructor Development Course, you’ll learn to use and adapt the PADI system of diver education to individual student needs through comprehensive training, supported by a wide variety of PADI educational materials. PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors may conduct a broad range of PADI programs from Discover Scuba Diving to Dive master.
Instructor Development Course (IDC)
We have IDC’s running throughout the year: These are based out of Dawn Dives with our resident Padi Course Director Stuart Mensley.
If you’d like to find out further information, just drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or even better call us on. +34 654 388 819, +34 609 772 702
This 9 day Instructor Development Course introduces you to the PADI system of diver education and develops the skills to teach the core range of PADI courses. The IDC is comprised of the AI and OWSI course, upon successful completion you will be able to enroll on a 2 day Padi Instructor Exam.
Course fee is € 1,200 INCLUDING CREW PACK – Below is the 2015 IDC calendar.
IDC and IE dates for 2015/16:
IDC starts 25th November – IE 4th & 5th December 2015
IDC starts 18th May 2016 – IE 28th & 29th May 2016
IDC starts 23rd November 2016 – IE 3rd & 4th December 2016
Master Scuba Diver Trainer
This is the dive industry’s benchmark of a working PADI Instructor as you require 25 student certifications and be able to teach at least 5 PADI Specialties. At Island Divers we will equip you with the preparation and skills to achieve this prestigious Instructor rating and teach 5 PADI Specialties. We offer a range of specialties and can tailor the package to match your diving interests and potential job market.
MSDT Specialty Package, the Master Scuba Diver Trainer Specialty Package is designed to equip you with 5 PADI Specialty ratings that you can then teach to your student divers. The course can be taken any time after your IDC and will enable you to apply for the prestigious MSDT rating as soon as you have qualified as an OWSI and certified 25 students. Courses run over two days and are held throughout the year.
What will I do?
During the course we will look at the relevant PADI Standards and knowledge development, teaching tips, skills workshop, equipment preparation and specialty marketing.
What will it cost?
The course fee is € 500 for 5 specialties. For those actively looking for employment in the dive industry we can also provide assistance with CV’s and marketing yourself with other dive centers we can recommend you to.
Individual PADI Specialties are also available at € 125 per specialty.
IDC Staff Instructor
Take your Instructor skills to a new level as an IDC Staff Instructor and be part of the Instructor Development process, training the next generation of PADI Instructors.
PADI Staff Instructor
As a seasoned PADI Instructor you already have the knowledge and experience to share with new PADI Instructors but in this course, you will learn how to use the IDC framework to communicate that knowledge to student Instructors. You will also learn how to develop and grow that next generation of PADI Instructors while gaining greater insight into instructor-trainer knowledge.
What You Can Teach
In addition to all the courses you can teach as a PADI Instructor you will also be able to:
- Teach PADI Assistant Instructor courses.
- Assist PADI Course Directors conduct the PADI Instructor Development Course.
- Help PADI Course Directors in conducting instructor-level continuing education.
You will also master of instructor-level dive theory, knowledge development teaching presentations, confined and open water teaching presentations as well as auditing an IDC as a staff member rather than as a student.
Be a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer
at least 18 years old
Course fee is € 425 for the three day course (if there is no IDC running) or € 560 for a 10 day course assisting on a full IDC.
Not including CD or PADI material.