PADI Open Water Diver
Duration: from 2 to 4 days
From 10 years old
Get the Open Water PADI course, with the diving academy of Lanzarote
Go into a new world and discover what the oceans hide.
The PADI Open Water Diver course is the first level of certification that allows you to dive whenever and wherever you want (up to 18 meters deep). All dive centers in the world you will admit you with this certification.
The title is important, but having a good training is crucial. Therefore, at Dawn Dives Academy Lanzarote, we are 100% committed to provide the best training, so that you will end up being an excellent and autonomous diver. We are the diving academy of the island, in Playa Blanca.
If you are looking for the lowest price for the PADI Open Water course or incredible offers, such as those in Southeast Asia, Dawn Dives is not what you are looking for. But if you want to feel really confident with your training and make the most of the Open Water course to the fullest, even going beyond PADI’s minimum requirements, contact us and we will inform you.
Lanzarote has some of the best seabed in Europe, the rock and lava formation of Canary Islands make the underwater world of the island marvelous. Visibility that reaches about 40 meters, subtropical temperatures and abundance and variety of marine species will amaze you. We know dive sites like our living room.
The Open Water Diver PADI course consists of three areas:
- Theory or knowledge development. This is the least exciting part, but equally necessary. To make it more bearable and adjust it to your needs for time, travel, etc. We can facilitate the theory before you arrive to read it on your own (book or digital format on your mobile, tablet or computer) before reviewing and explaining with your instructor.
- We offer PADI eLearning (online courses) at the same price as those that include on-site theory class.
- Practice in the swimming pool, to practice all the exercises in a controlled environment to aboid any unforeseen. You will learn to feel safe underwater and comfortable with the equipment.
- We have 4 swimming pools with sea views, perfect for training. They are saltwater to mimic the buoyancy conditions of the ocean.
- Sea practice and dives. Once you feel comfortable in the water (that’s why previous practice in the pool and not going to the sea directly is so necessary) we will review the exercises in the ocean, in addition to starting with the fun dives (a normal dive as a certified diver). Be careful you can fall in love with the underwater world!
The PADI Open Water Diver course lasts between two and four days, depending on your availability and your choice about doing the knowledge development in person or online.
If you have little time, you can take the PADI Scuba Diver Course, from 1 day and a half, you will be certified to go down to 12 meters accompanied by a professional.
If you have special needs, do not worry, you can continue doing the Open Water diving course in Playa Blanca. Contact us and we will inform you.