PADI and SSI Open Water Diver Junior
Duration: 2 and a half to 4 days (Option 1 and a half day)
From 10 years
Open Water for your children between 10 and 14 years old (Junior)
If your children would like to start diving, they like nature and enjoy dynamic activities and adventure, they are in the perfect place for it, Playa Blanca (Lanzarote), for its good weather and sea conditions.
The PADI Open Water Diver course is the first level of certification that allows you to dive when and where you want. In all dive centers in the world you will be admitted with this course. This diving course can be done from the age of 15. But for children between 10 and 14 years old, they can obtain the Open Water Diver Junior certification, which is the same as that of adults but adapted for the little ones.
At Dawn Dives Academy in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, we have been working with children for years. Our team of instructors know how to deal with your children and adapt the experience to their age.
At every single moment we will be taking care of your children in a controlled and safe environment. We do not leave anything to chance, so that children enjoy the most while learning to dive.
The PADI Open Water Diver Junior course consists of three phases:
- Theory or knowledge development. This is the least exciting part, but equally necessary. We adapt the theory and learning to children to make it more bearable and to arouse their interest.
- We offer PADI eLearning (online courses) at the same price as those that include reading the theory in person.
- Practice in the pool, to practice all the exercises in a controlled environment so that there is no unforeseen. Your children will learn to feel safe underwater and comfortable with the equipment.
- We have 4 swimming pools with sea views, perfect for training. They are saltwater to mimic the buoyancy conditions of the ocean.
- Practices at sea and fun dives. Once the children feel comfortable in the water (that is why the previous practice in the pool and not going to the sea directly is so necessary) we will review the exercises in the ocean, in addition to starting with the “fun dives” (a normal immersion, like a certified diver). Be careful they can fall in love with the underwater world!
The PADI Open Water Diver Junior course lasts between two and four days, depending on your availability and choice about developing knowledge in person or online.
If you have little time, children can take the PADI Scuba Diver Course, from 1 day and a half, they will be certified to go down to 12 meters accompanied by a professional.
If your children have special needs, don’t worry, they can continue doing the Open Water Junior diving course in Playa Blanca. Contact us and we will inform you.